Traction

From: Rob Robinson (u4d6r6mh@coastalnet.com)
Date: Tue Jul 08 1997 - 10:08:23 EDT

>About the locker rearend article, Rob. Can't find the damn thing now. Did
>see the same type locker in the new Summit. Powertrax. Starts at $300.
>You'd have to call for your appl. 800-230-3030.
>*******************************97 Dakota Sport*******************************
> sean meldrum

Thanks. I'm still up in the air about what to do. I really have a
traction problem and will have to go one way or the other with traction.
Now that some have brought up the anti-lock brake issue, I feel as though I
should first talk to the Chrysler dealer about what to do. I hate to be the
CAUSE of a problem on my '96 model.

 Question: I'm getting ready to buy new tires and I have the Aluminum
spoke rims (I think they are 6" wide?) What tire size can I go with
without getting to much tire wear and not mess up the speedo to much? I
was thinking about 235/70/15 but didn't know if the rims would work. I
hate to go with new rims ( I kinda like the stock sleeper look). Any input
on 2wd tires would be appreciated. Thanks.

Rob Robinson
1996 Dodge Dakota Sport-RED
 Short Bed Standard Cab
318-3.55
"Air by Meldrum"-(14" chrome air cleaner 3" K&N Element)
Rhino muffler-dual exit
9.9 @ 72mph 1/8 mile