Re: Traction

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Tue Jul 08 1997 - 21:23:10 EDT

At 10:08 AM 7/8/97 -0400, you wrote:
> Question: I'm getting ready to buy new tires and I have the Aluminum
>spoke rims (I think they are 6" wide?) What tire size can I go with
>without getting to much tire wear and not mess up the speedo to much? I
>was thinking about 235/70/15 but didn't know if the rims would work. I
>hate to go with new rims ( I kinda like the stock sleeper look). Any input
>on 2wd tires would be appreciated. Thanks.
>

>Rob Robinson

A general rule of thumb is to keep the rim width between 70-90% of the
section width of the tire. There is some flexibility in this as the lower
the aspect ratio the closer the rim should be to the section width. If you
apply this to the 235 you'd get 235/25.4=9.25" This would put the 235 out
of that range but being that it's a 70 series you'd be fine.
*******************************97 Dakota Sport*******************************
  sean meldrum

                  Work: sean_p_meldrum@auto.ittind.com

Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/7875/

 Black, 318, 5spd, 3.55SG, reg. cab, 2wd, buckets
"Fresh air by Meldrum"
All exterior vinyl graphics removed
Moroso Blue Max plug wires and Spectre looms
DynoMax Race Magnum Welded. 3" in/out, exiting before axle.
MSD 6a, Blaster coil awaiting installation
****