Re: IRC meeting "minutes"

From: Michael Clark (mclark@wt.net)
Date: Wed Jul 09 1997 - 23:42:04 EDT

Phil Hyde wrote:

> Howdy all,
>
> The weekly IRC meeting was alot of fun. It was my first time on IRC,
> but
> it was cool. There were several other "new" people to IRC, so it was
> nice to not be the only newbie.
>
> It seems as though the later it got, the more people were getting booted
> off for one reason or another. Perhaps we should try and make it
> earlier
> next time, or have them more frequently. Maybe a weekend would have
> less

> traffic.
>
> At any rate, it's a cooler medium than the list (sorry if that offended
> anyone) because you can get immediate answers if you have questions.
> Plus, it's cool to meet other fellow DML'ers (somewhat) face to
> face.
>
> until the next time,
> --
> Phil Hyde - Houston, TX.
> work - ephy@ngccorp.com (M-F 8-5)
> play - philh@insync.net
> www - http://www.insync.net/~philh (new and improved!)

I was there also and I have to agree with you Phil. It's really a kick,
on the stick! You won't be sorry, it's a lot of fun. Usually IRC means
chatting with total strangers in some obscure chat channel, but this is
with your fellow members and kicks major butt. I think we had 6 or more
people show up tonight. If we can get some more numbers I think it will
really pay off. So come on, if you ever wanted to "meet" some of the
members this is as close as you'll get without driving across country.
If anyone needs help on what to do to join this just post it to the list
and someone will help you out.

Maybe we should go to twice a week guys? What do you think?

--
Michael Clark                    mike@snakebite.com
	  '93 Mark III 4X2 V-8 SWB