Re: general stereo question ( was Re: Subwoofer Update)

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@cts.com)
Date: Thu Jul 10 1997 - 11:57:49 EDT

Sam '95 SLT Dakota
http://www.users.cts.com/king/s/samp/

----------
> From: Jack Snodgrass <dakota@cybermail.net>
> To: dakota@ait.fredonia.edu
> Subject: general stereo question ( was Re: Subwoofer Update)
> Date: Thursday, July 10, 1997 09:32 AM
>
> Can someone answer a general stero question? If you have a stero
with
> lineout jacks ( left and right ) and you go to an Amp... does the volume
> controls and left/right work using the stero? i.e. is the lineout
> constant or variable depending on the volume? I assume that since you
only
> have a left/right lineout, the front/back fader control on the stereo
will
> not work. Do you just adjust the AMP to for the fader and not generally
> change it? Thanks.
>

> Jack - jack@cybermail.net

        Typically with a 4 speaker output stereo, with a pair of lineout jacks,
the lineout is equivalent to the rear speakers via the fader... The
lineout jacks
are variable from the volume control, so there's no problem. With my
setup, I
would fade towards the front to lower the rear speaker volume a tad, then
turn
up the gain on the amp to the desired level. This would give a good front
speaker
fill volume, great rear (via the amp's set of speakers), and the rear
speakers directly
from the stereo aren't blaring.

        You'll see, you have the right idea...