Re: 97 speaker sizes

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Thu Jul 10 1997 - 23:26:52 EDT

At 12:12 PM 7/11/97 +0900, you wrote:

> Ok, here is what the newest Crutchfield says:
> 97 Dakota club cab: 6.5S* front 6.5S* rear
> 97 Dakota Standard 6.5S* front 5.25 rear (bottom mount)
>Basically the 6.5S is just slightly larger and has alot of screw
>holes to match existing
>factory screw holes.
>
> There is 5 7/16" mounting space behind the front speakers and 4"
>behind the rear speakers. And I have found that Crutchfield is
>usually about a 1/2" off in their measurements. That can make a big
>difference when you find that your window won't roll
>all the way down because it is hitting on your new speaker.
> The 96 and older Daks had 5.25" in the front and 5x7" in the
>rear. I hope this helps in any way.
>
>Shawn
>(97 Dakota V8)

Helped a ton Shawn. Guess I was right after all about the fronts. Just
read James post about front and rears being the same size on the Club Cab.
Mines a RC tho so my rears will be the 5.25. Thanks bud.

btw, still workin' on gettin' Race Magnum .wav files. Can't get a decent
recording yet. Gonna try again tomorrow.
*******************************97 Dakota Sport*******************************
  sean meldrum

                  Work: sean_p_meldrum@auto.ittind.com

Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/7875/

 Black, 318, 5spd, 3.55SG, reg. cab, 2wd, buckets
"Fresh air by Meldrum"
All exterior vinyl graphics removed
Moroso Blue Max plug wires and Spectre looms
DynoMax Race Magnum Welded. 3" in/out, exiting before axle.
MSD 6a, Blaster coil awaiting installation
****