Re: Tire and Handling package

From: Jack Snodgrass (dakota@cybermail.net)
Date: Mon Jul 14 1997 - 16:35:53 EDT

On Mon, 14 Jul 1997 16:26:25 -0400 (EDT), WM96@aol.com wrote:

> I'm buying a '97 v8 ext cab sport auto once I find the one I want and I was
>wondering if anyone opted to get the tire and handling package. What exactly
>is that rear stabilizer bar and what does it do? Also, can you tell the
>difference performance wise between a dak that has the package and one that
>doesn't?
>
>Will

I don't know why.... maybe someone can explain it... but I drove a vehicle
similar to what you describe ( it was a SLT and not a sport ) and the ride
was ROUGH. You felt every single bump in the road in the seat of your pants.
My wife did not like the ride at all. I drove that truck for 200 miles.

I ended up getting a different truck without the tire and handling package
and I LOVE the ride in my new V8 Dakota SLT+ auto. I liked the look of the
tires that came with the tire and handling package, but it wasn't worth
the rough ride to me.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Jack Snodgrass
   '97 Dakota SLT+ CC, 2w, V8, auto, stock