Re: Saw the new Durango--yech!

From: Phil Hyde (philh@insync.net)
Date: Mon Jul 14 1997 - 13:52:50 EDT

Whistling in the Dart wrote:

> > Funny how Dan is the only one that I have heard from who feels this
> way
> > about a vehicle that is TRUELY useful and has the power and abilitly
> > perform like a full size pick up, yet still offer comfort and
> usability for
> > the whole family.
>
> You didn't hear me. I didn't say it wasn't useful or powerful. I
> said I
> hated the styling. Of *course* it's useful and powerful; it's a
> MoPar. I
> just wish they'd resisted the parts-bin urge a bit better, that's all.
>
> And it's really not "funny" how I feel this way, either. Styling is
> completely subjective, there's no right or wrong to it. So the fact
> that
> I received several mails in agreement to this post notwithstanding, I
> still think it is ugly.

I think all that he was pointing out is that most people on the Dakota
list _so far_ have found the styling favorable. I myself don't recall
anyone disliking the styling either, but that doesn't mean that your
opinion doesn't count. Your right - styling is completely subjective.

Good luck,
Phil
'97 Dakota
'67 Charger