Re: 97 speaker sizes/muffler

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Fri Jul 11 1997 - 18:57:05 EDT

At 05:39 PM 7/11/97 +0900, you wrote:
> No problem.. : -) The more I stay busy on here the faster these
>last 2 months will
>go.
> Yep, most definitely waiting with bated breath for the sound
>files. haha I was
>wondering why you went with the more rectangular version than the
>glass pack looking
>one? I would have to believe that the more normal shaped one would
>have a sweeter note to it and the tube would have that glass pack
>sound (kinda raspy sounding). Then again, it doesn't really matter
>just as long as they sound good... : -)
>
>Shawn
>(97 DakV8)

There are two round shaped versions actually. The RM Welded has a can
shaped 6" diameter version. I wondered the same things when I saw that but
I already had the muffler on and loved it. The Race Magnum Bullet (glass
pack type) is a race only due to the dB levels. I was told these were just
enough to qualify you in a muffler required class.

I tried again this morning to get the truck recorded without much luck.
One way or another I should have something by the end of the weekend if it
kills me!
*******************************97 Dakota Sport*******************************
  sean meldrum

                  Work: sean_p_meldrum@auto.ittind.com

Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/7875/

 Black, 318, 5spd, 3.55SG, reg. cab, 2wd, buckets
"Fresh air by Meldrum"
All exterior vinyl graphics removed
Moroso Blue Max plug wires and Spectre looms
DynoMax Race Magnum Welded. 3" in/out, exiting before axle.
MSD 6a, Blaster coil awaiting installation
****