Re: 87 dakota 4x4 v6 to v8 swap

From: kmiller (kmiller@cvn.net)
Date: Sun Jul 13 1997 - 22:17:43 EDT

Tom:

I had a 340 ready to go in mine, but after I looked at a Shelby Dakota, I
seen that I would have had to put a front crossmember in, sway bars, and
all of the motor mounts, and it is not even guaranteed to work. My big
suggestion is to sell the truck and get a 92 or 93 with the magnum and you
will be much happier. I just test drove a Shelby and I know I wouldn't get
the same ride as I did in the Shelby. Besides, it is a lot less work too.

My $.02

Scott