Re: Axle Ratio/'97 5.2 4x2: Attn: Mike Ging

From: Jack Snodgrass (dakota@cybermail.net)
Date: Fri Jul 11 1997 - 22:33:22 EDT

On Fri, 11 Jul 1997 21:48:52 -0400 (EDT), DRD892@aol.com wrote:

>The installation of the Flowmaster (3" in/twin 2 1/2" out) and the "Meldrum
>FIPK"
>made a very noticeable difference that you can see and feel. Also improved
>the idle. The mileage on my Dakota increased well over 1 MPG. There was
>a power increase throughout the RPM range. I really don't know how to
>estimate
>the increase in horsepower and torque....but it is enough that you can really
>feel it.

    One note from me.... http://www.cybermail.net/~dakota/mpg.cmd shows my
MPG on my truck since I bought it. I was doing 15 mpg and that dropped to
13.8 after I added the Fresh-air-by-Meldrum and the k&n filter. That could
have been becuase I stomped on the gas a bit more since I got the new
filter. It really does sound cool when you stomp on the gas. I'm trying
to be a bit more conservative this time around to see what that does to the
mileage.

Jack Snodgrass
   '97 Dakota SLT+ CC, 2w, V8, auto, stock