Re: 3.92 Ratio & MPG, Attn: Bill

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Wed Jul 16 1997 - 16:23:03 EDT

<< Flat as a pancake around here. I'm sure there would be less shifting
 with a 3.92 in the mountains, especially with the automatic.

Yeh my neighbors exwife was like that but she was doing a lot of extra
shifting and got caught.

On the Dakota note, you get the idea anyway. Out here there are hills all
directions and lower gears really help. My company truck is a 96 Cheby 2500
with Vortek 305 and 3.42 gears, it has good power but the sucker shifts back
and forth all the time no matter which way I go. My 93 Dak 3.9 gears 318 and
auto same regular trip of about 60 miles never shifts out of OD. (65 mph 4
lane). The Cheby shifts probably 25 times same trip. All that shifting,
lugging and reving has to take it toll. I would order the 3.9's every time no
questions asked.

Bill