Manifold bolts

From: Michael Clark (mclark@wt.net)
Date: Thu Jul 17 1997 - 23:34:28 EDT

James Bird wrote:

> I went to the garage and cracked some of my manifold bolts just to make
> sure, and mine broke w/o a problem. But there is only 6 months on the
> engine. There are plenty of good solvents, but I don't know of any that
> will withstand the heat of a manifold while you drive around. You might
> have to wait until D-Day and soak them prior to taking them off.

So when are the manifold bolts easiest to remove, hot, warm, or cold?
I've got about 4 years on my engine so they're probably gonna be a bitch
any way you look at it.

   | Michael Clark |
   | mike@snakebite.com |
   | '93 Mark III 4X2 V-8 SWB |
   |auto, MP SBEC, K&N FIPK, Flowmaster dual |
   | http://userv.wt.net/~mclark/ |
   | IRC nick: MarkIII |