Re: Shit Kit Install

From: Kane V Turner (nfs4456@panther.ferrum.edu)
Date: Sat Jul 19 1997 - 16:14:01 EDT

On Sat, 19 Jul 1997, Jarrod Pilone wrote:

> `Welp, i installed the transgo shift kit today, man it took me 6 hours!.
> but i got it all done. first recommendation, watch the video tape at least
> two times and put a tv and vcr in your garage so you can see the video and
> do the valve body step by step. the mods were simple, but very lengthy.
> there is some driling to do, but not much. and even some grinding, but with
> teh video, it gives you confidence!. the only problem i ran into was after
> i bolted it all up underneath, i found a spring in the drain pan i forgot
> to put back on teh accumulator pistons. WHOOPS!!!. so i dropped the pan and
> the valve body in 10 frigin minutes:). so needless to say, it works great,
> the truck doesnt chirp tires or nuthin, but it works great. one problem is
> that under WOT, first gear wants to go past the redline before it shifts,
> but the truck wont let it because of the factory rev limiter. soooooo. i
> guess i really need a MP computer now to raise that limit. it needs it.
> funny thing is, the 2-3 shift is alot harder than the 1-2 shift. but hey,
> it works great.
>

> Jarrod
>

> Jarrod Pilone moparman@laker.net
> http://falcon.laker.net/moparman
> '97 Dakota CC Sport V8, Flowmaster, FIPK, Pilone Throttle Body, Transgo
> Shift Kit
> '72 Dodge Demon, future 12 second 1/4 mile car

How much was the shift kit? Was it hard to install? I don't know much
about installing a shifter, but I'd like to get one for my 1997 Dakota.
It's not an automatic, it's a five-speed. I'd like to get one because I
do a lot of spinning off the start, and I chirp second too. I still
haven't got my Sure Grip yet, but I still think it would spin a little.
Kane
1997 Dakota sport reg. cab 3.2 5.2liter, K&N FIPK