Pilone Throttle Body

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Sun Jul 20 1997 - 22:07:15 EDT

Well.....I went to town with the dremel on the throttle body. Not a
gigantic improvement but still there none the less.

The gain is really in part throttle acceleration. Used to sorta slug along
with low throttle until you hit a point and ZOOM....off it'd fly. Now the
throttle response is there all the time. It's hard for me to tell as I
never had much of an acceleration problem before. The truck is light and
had no problems burning the hides off the rear tires and still has no
problem (although on slow corners from a stop it wants to break loose a
little easier). It probably would have been better to run the thing at the
strip before and after to compare. Either way I'm happy with the gain.
*Definitely* a worth while mod, especially since it's free! ;^)

Oh, I had no problems with the butterfly shaft screws. Threaded right in,
no fuss. For those interested, I used the coarse grit sanding drums to
remove the ridge and clean up the casting surface. Then fine grit drums to
smooth down the fresh cut surface. Then used two stages of polishing
compound to bring the surface to a mirror shine. If you don't have them
I'd suggest getting the small diameter sanding drums as it gets to be a
tight fit near the butterfly shaft.

Don't forget the safety glasses!! Aluminum dust will go everywhere!

*******************************97 Dakota Sport*******************************
  sean meldrum

                  Work: sean_p_meldrum@auto.ittind.com

Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/7875/

 Black, 318, 5spd, 3.55SG, reg. cab, 2wd, buckets
"Fresh air by Meldrum"
All exterior vinyl graphics removed
Moroso Blue Max plug wires and Spectre looms
DynoMax Race Magnum Welded. 3" in/out, exiting before axle.
MSD 6A & Blaster 2 coil w/ chrome cover
****