Re: Jason in Toronto

From: Rob Robinson (u4d6r6mh@coastalnet.com)
Date: Mon Jul 21 1997 - 23:21:58 EDT

>The other thing I noticed was the turn signal. It was weak and flickering,
>so I bought a heavier-duty flasher and installed it. Nothing. So I bought
>an even heavier duty flasher and put that in. Still didn't help very much.
>We saw another Dakota on the way pulling a large RV, and his turn signals
>were doing the exact same thing. Is this a common thing, or did I just
>replace the wrong flasher?

I recently replaced mine with a heavy duty electronic flasher. I did find
myself pulling out the emergency flasher by mistake and replacing that
one with no effect on the turn signals. Look farther up on the panel and
if you still have your stock unit, it will be a white or light blue plastic
unit. VERY CHEAP!!! The hazard came with a 552, so why didn't the turn
signals? Who knows. Well, make sure you are replacing the correct one.
It will say turn signals in the plastic under it. The only other problem
that occurred for me was that the electronic unit is so heavy that it would
vibrate out and fall on my feet. I fixed that by putting a thin piece of
two sided molding tape on the bottom of the flasher before I plugged it
back in. Now I have perfect turn signals and the electronic unit if fairly
quiet. Total price about $5.00 at Advance Auto Parts.

Rob Robinson
1996 Dodge Dakota Sport-RED
 Short Bed Standard Cab
318-3.55
"Air by Meldrum"-(14" chrome air cleaner 3" K&N Element)
Rhino muffler-dual exit
9.9 @ 72mph 1/8 mile