Re: Jason in Toronto

From: Steve Lowe (Slow@Primenet.Com)
Date: Mon Jul 21 1997 - 15:24:41 EDT

On Mon, 21 Jul 1997 22:28:08 -0400 (EDT), you wrote:

>It probably is the 117-amp alternator, since the previous owner just added
>the hitch and wiring himself. But I don't understand why that would affect
>only the turn signals. There's definitely enough current for the extra
>load, as the brake and tail lights worked great. I can see where one would
>need the extra amps for a big RV, but one extra turn signal bulb shouldn't
>be that big a deal. Unless U-Haul uses single-strand tinfoil wires or
>something, which I would certainly believe.

I read somewhere that if you are going to have a major draw such as a
big trailer, it is suggested that you get a bypass harness to take the
load off of the headlight switch. (looking for my books now)

        Steve

97' Dakota, CC, 4X4, 5 Speed, all the goodies 'cept anti-lock brakes,
Mud Flaps, spare-tire lock, Step-Shields, EVSII Alarm, Radar Sensor,
Gibson Single 3" Cat-Back