Re: My Contribution

From: Ben Philibert (benp@ma.ultranet.com)
Date: Tue Jul 22 1997 - 23:48:53 EDT

> I'll go even further, and try to reclaim some of the netiquette
> of past years.
>
> Not only was the nude inappropriate for this forum, I claim
> that ANY binary data sent through the mailing list is inappropriate.
> The only appropriate information is ASCII text; no coded HTML, no
> attachments, nothing at all unless specifically OKed by our esteemed
> administrator.

I'd take it a step further and ask that people try and keep the postings
to the list on topic. I'll be the first to admit that I can easily
stray myself, but when a thread starts to become a discussion of how to
format a picture (sorry I don't mean to pick on this one in particular
it's just the one I noticed today), that we should try and move into
private email messages.

I'm averaging 30-40 messages a day from the list and there is a large
percentage that don't pertain to Dakotas at all.

Just something I think we all should try to do more often. As popular
as the Dakota is we'll have 600 participants before you know it, and
those bad habits are hard to break. :)

Thanks,

Ben Philibert
Benp@ma.ultranet.com