Re: Quick ?Q?...

From: Shawn Shultzaberger (shultzas@mwr.kic.or.jp)
Date: Thu Jul 24 1997 - 04:37:34 EDT

MSGundam@aol.com wrote:

> Can Someone on this list explain what a stub stack is and how it
> works, A
> friend was trying to explain it to me. I have a 88 Dakota that I'm
> lookin to
> squeeze some performance out of. Any info on a nice mean loud
> Exhaust and
> Spring and lowering kits would be helpful. The truck is really mint
> for being
> an 88, I bought it from this old guy who stored it in a garage and
> drove it
> on weekends only. I have since repainted it and added a cool yellow
> euro
> offset ralley stripe Other Toys, but none of them help performance
> wise...so,
> Give me aline here! Thanx
> RorY
>
> Also, Does anyone know the HP Rating for the 88 V6 3.9??? I read
> somewhere
> 239, but I don't think that's right...

   Ok guys and gals, please correct if I am wrong but isn't a stub
stack another name for a short velocity stack? All it is, is an
upside down funnel looking device that sits atop your TBI or Carb.
This thing is supposed to help speed up and create a smoother airflow
before it enters the TBI/Carb. Of course I could be way off in
this. I would opt for something else, say a FABM. If you are
going to run a functional hood scoop then a stub stack may be the way
to go.
    A mean Exhaust huh? Well I would have to say the two chamber
Flow Masters or the Dynomax Magnum racing series mufflers. They
have a good bark to them. You can listen to the Flowmasters on....
oh shoot... I forget who's homepage I listened to them on but it
sounded sooooo fine.
    Springs and lowering kit?; well Eibach springs are very nice
and I believe that Street Scenes has some mighty nice lowering kits.
There are alot of places that will have what you need but I can't
think of them at the moment.
    Any way... I hope that this helped. (if just a bit)

Shawn Shultzaberger