Re: Squealing tires

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@cts.com)
Date: Thu Jul 24 1997 - 12:05:10 EDT

Lighten up your right foot!! :P

That's the suregrip working... the outside and inside
wheel are turning at the same rate... When this happens
the inside wheel will have a tendency to chirp, squeal, or
make a tearing sound (the tire spinning over the pavement).

If you were to do the same type of turn while the road
was wet you'd end up facing the wrong way in the road!

Suregrip/anti-spin is a great feature, by giving you the
best traction available... It is also a little bit harder on
tires, but that isn't a big deal if you are a 'mellow' driver.

Sam '95 SLT Dakota
http://www.users.cts.com/king/s/samp/

> From: Brett Stoner <Brett@abacusinfo.com>
> To: dakota@ait.fredonia.edu
> Subject: Squeeling tires
> Date: Thursday, July 24, 1997 08:12 AM
>
> I have a 97 Dakota with the sure-grip rear axle and I've noticed that the
tires tend to squeel while going around corners under acceleration. Is
this just a 'feature' of the sure-grip or is this something I should take
it in for?