Re: Throttle Body Update

From: jules (jghunter@nol.net)
Date: Thu Jul 24 1997 - 15:08:40 EDT

Richard A Pyburn wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Jul 1997 08:59:12 -0500 Andre Mauboussin
> <andrem@cyberramp.net> writes:
> >jaallis wrote:
 Oh yea, you can ask Karl Moltzan how much
> >improvement he got with the MP throttle body and $500 1.7 roller
> >rockers
> >Jules sold him. NONE! When you call MPI, keep a tight grip on your
> >wallet. JMHO.
> >
> >Andre Mauboussin
> >

> Thanks for the info on magnum perf. This list is great. We get to hear
> all sides.
>
> Richard

group:

mr andre is entitled to his opinion. but here are the real facts:

we build a fine product. as far as tbi tech... it IS the state of the
art. we don't have to dwell on it we know it to be a true statement. we
sell them unconditionally guaranteed as to customer satisfaction. i
have sold hundreds under that condition and not one has ever come back.
the 1.7s are by crower and so popular you can hardly get them.

70% of my tbi customers call to tell me how much they like the unit.

few would spend that kind of $ and if no gains would not call me back.
it didn't happen.

i run a responsible business and am willing to contribute my
experiences. one 3.9 guy posted to me and thanked me for the input...

i make my comments based upon facts and not magazine articles etc. i am
entitled to make contributions as i see them from my efforts.

i make my statements based upon the facts and qualified my comments on
the manifold as being not something for the street guy and i still feel
that way.

if you disagree with me personally then feel free to comment to me
directly. post generically but be generic and not personal as it is not
constructive, but simply heresay or disgruntled personal opinions.

but to insinuate that magnum performance is scamming is a disservice to
dodge customers wanting help or looking for reliable help. "When you
call MPI, keep a tight grip on your
> >wallet. JMHO."

however... magnum performance has grown into being America's leading
independent supplier of performance parts of the RAM & Dakota... I guess
that accomplishment alone would set us up for "pot shots" from...
from.... well, i won't mention any particular names.

hot rodding is full of differences of opinion... just hang out in the
pits at any drag strip! but please... try to be professional in your
statments.

:)

jules/mpi