Re: V6 Throttle Body

From: jules (jghunter@nol.net)
Date: Thu Jul 24 1997 - 15:32:28 EDT

Andre Mauboussin wrote:

> BadDakota1@aol.com wrote:
>
> > In a message dated 97-07-11 08:13:43 EDT, you write:
> >
> > << To use a V8 TB you will need to drill the throttle bores in the
> > intake
> > manifold
> > to match the bores of the TB.
> >
> > Karl 92CC 5.2l 4X2 410 SG
> > 4/5RT(stock cam) >>
> > well if you do that do you need the v-8 injectors??
> >
> > No, you don't need the V8 injectors. Your SBEC(computer) will richen
> > the mixture by increasing the injector pulse width
> > automatically(pretty slick eh?)

also:

i'd be very careful with swapping injectors. they are not cheap to buy
used or otherwise. there are part numbers on the side of each injector.

we have swapped some 94 v8 injectors into a 93 to see how it would run.
in a word... poorly. from my experience... the sbec can not cover all
bases on a mismatched injectors and effective management of an incorrect
injector's pulse width and repeatability timing may not allow for a
correct air/fuel ratio under all conditions...

ie; driveability issues.

j/mpi