RE: Tune-up time..MSD and Air-flow

From: Randy Bowman (r.bowman@cvce.com)
Date: Thu Jul 24 1997 - 20:35:10 EDT

On Thursday, July 24, 1997 6:32 PM, Stingz340@aol.com [SMTP:Stingz340@aol.com]
wrote:
> I have a 94 SLT 4X4 V-8....Truck is starting to idle a little rough and has a
> low idle..Friend was telling me that you can not time the dakotas. Is this
> true? What is the concensus on upgrading the ignition (MSD? part #) and
> where is it readily avail.....Are there spark-plug wires from MSD.. KIT???
> How much are these items??
> Has anybody noticed performance gains with MSD. Any info on IGNITION is
> Apprec..
> My other question is upgrading the Air filter.....Meldrum or K@N? Did you
> see any performance gains? Where can you purchase and how much are they?

True, you cannot time because of the computer

The K&N works well but the FIPK is around $100.00 Baby can breathe with this
one(and sounds great too)
The MSD 6A, 6AL seem to be the standard at around 130s and 160s from Summit or
any other place for that matter, this will be my next mod i think

Randy Bowman
http://www.cvce.com/reb/dakota.htm
'93 LE 4X4 CC 318ci Auto
MP SBEC, K&N FIPK, Gibson 3", JBA SS Headers

'69 Camaro 350 Auto (UnderConstruction)
'79 Triumph Spitfire (Daily Driver)
'68 Triumph Spitfire (Under Tarp)