Re: Andre's Response to Jules' lashing

From: Andre Mauboussin (andrem@cyberramp.net)
Date: Fri Jul 25 1997 - 10:26:33 EDT

jules wrote:

> Andre Mauboussin wrote:
> These are my> experiences as they happened. What are yours MPI
> customers??
>
> from time to time i do not relate to a "customer" who approaches me
> with
> a know it all attitude. i remember our conversation. imo, you were
> that kind of customer! :) i would prefer this to be private to me,
> but
> you seem to think that we are doing something wrong and we are not. i
>
> prefer to deal with those that are sincere and where a cordial and
> professional exchange takes place. i have hundreds and hundreds of
> happy customers.... in case you forgot!!... we only do RAMs & Dakotas!
>
> from time to time... i do get calls from rude "know it alls" and i as
> rule choose not to deal with them... especially when they come across
> as
> you do (did)!
>
> no shirt...? no shoes...? NO service!!
>
> they generally try to discredit me personally and try to make me to
> look
> like a snake oil salesman. but too bad... so sad! our business is up
> over 50% this year over last year and that one was a good year!
>
> i am WAY too busy for such pettiness and i generally as a rule hang
> up.
> i run a good shop and... run a good enuff business that i can be
> selective if i see that in the best interest of all that that is the
> way
> i feel about it. you were such a case in point!!!
>
> this usually p...es them off and so here we are.
>
> and... no one ever said there was not a delay for a tbi... they are
> popular items and we put our heart and soul into each one... and
> addressing tbi delays... all mpi tbi customers can go to head of line
> if
> they send in their tbi!! at mpi... we are sensitive to parked trucks.
>
> what more can i offer? and...
>
> i NEVER sell one as guaranteed to lower ets!!! and i tell drag race
> oriented customers that... right up front!!!
>
> and that is because... at WOT the volumetric efficiency of a
> particular
> magnum/dak's combination of the parts is lower than that of the mpi
> tbi
> at WOT. and drag racing is at WOT! so while the tbis is a home run
> at
> part throttle, and up, and overall it seems the lack of the additional
>
> correct upgrades to up the volumetric efficiency of the TOTAL combo of
>
> parts will hold a truck back... but then, mr andre... i am sure YOU
> already knew that!
>
> we do suggest, however, that a cam change will be good for one or two
> tenths with our tbis.
>
> fyi... mr andre... we are one of crower's largest 1.7 magnum rr
> buyers... second only to summit racing and summit is in a class of
> their
> own. are you saying that of the thousands and thousands of sets of
> [...]

Well, all I can say to fellow listmembers is I hope you are reading
this. I think it is obvious who has difficulty controlling his temper by
looking at the slew of insults Jules just posted. Anyone that knows me
personally, knows this isn't true and that I am never rude to ANYONE. As
far as the know it all stuff is concerned, if Jules could recall the
conversation correctly it was he who first asked me what I had done to
my truck. Then after cutting my exhaust and ignition down(both of which
had been recommended by MPI in 1995!!) , he proceeded to ask me how much
I had bought from MPI. After telling him none because a friend of mine
had been screwed by the previous ownership, he responded with an
accusatory tone as if I had done something wrong. He also admits to
purposefully jerking me off on the phone in this post(is that
professional???). All that seems to matter to Jules is the bottom line
as you can see by how much he brags about the business he does. So what,
I know a Cadillac dealer in Dallas that has won all kinds of national
awards and makes tons of money; they are also the most crooked SOBs I've
ever seen! I'm glad that this conversatoin is here for everyone to see
and I hope now that they have a better understanding of who they are
dealing with when they talk to Jules. As for me. I will post no further
comments back and forth with him. My intention was to look out for
fellow DML members by relating my experiences and letting them judge for
themselves. I never said Jules or MPI were scam artists(he is probably
sensitive about this because the previous owners were apparently scam
artists). What I said was that I had been treated badly for no apparent
reason(no one else ever has treated me like that). Instead of an apology
and offering to make it right, I have received another Jules is always
right diatribe and scolding. I don't think he has learned much yet. I
will do everything in my power until he does apologize now to warn
fellow listmembers and the members of my large, well organized Mopar
club of what they can expect from MPI.

Best Wishes to all

Andre Mauboussin