Polyurethane mounts and suspension bushings

From: EDWARD TRAXLER (edtrax@thegrid.net)
Date: Sun Jul 27 1997 - 02:19:29 EDT

The OCT 97 issue of MOPAR ACTION magazine had an article on replacing the
stock rubber cab/bed mounts and suspension bushings. They used polyurethane
equivalents from Energy Suspension.

I did a search on the net and found a source ..
SUSPENSION RESTORATION PARTS CO. at http://www.suspension.com/
For the Dakota, go to http://www.suspension.com/dodge-pu.htm when you will
find a copy of the Dakota page from Energy Suspension's catalogue.

The following parts are listed for the years 87-94 Dakota 2 WD:

Front end control arm bushing set
Rear leaf spring bushing set
Body(cab) mount set
Complete sway bar bushing set
Tie-Rod boots are on a separate page ... by size .. not model.

Question: Why did they stop at 94? The cab mounts *look* like those on my
'95. Can anyone tell me if any/all of the stock parts (hence the
replacements) are the same for the '95 Dakota?

Question: The web site lists the body mounts specifically as "CAB* .. any
info on the bed mounts?

Question: Per the Tie-Rod boots ... which ones?

Edward Traxler
Ft Hunter Ligget, CA
95 SLT CC w/V6

"The author's best friend is the person who shoots him just before he makes
one change too many."
Daniel Keyes