Your Idea's

From: dmagnum@ccs.netside.com
Date: Sun Jul 27 1997 - 01:29:57 EDT

Jon Steiger,

I don't recommend any version of the Performance throttle bodies at all. Listen
to what Jules has said...performance(ET) gains will not be seen without
serious mods to your induction system(heads or extrude honing the
intake).Believe me, I know...I spent the 450.00 dollars to prove this! In my
opinion, money well spent is underdrive pulleys, K&N FPK then exhaust mods.
Get the SBEC if it is availible. The Crower 1.7 Rockers are about 450.00
depending were you get them. By the rockers, not the TB. Get the new
ignition stuff if you are approaching tuneup time. I have tried this stuff.
So far that stuff doesn't do a Darn thing( NO PERFORMANCE JTEC). I have
10800 miles on my truck and still tried the HP wires and ignitions. Once
again, in my opinion a fancy ignition will make a motor run more smoothly
and slightly more efficient but the combustion might be so good that it may
cause a lean condition(at certain RPM's) in which your stock fuel curve may
not keep up with. People say....I COULD FEEL SEAT OF THE PANTS DIFFERENCE.
When was the last time their butt was calibrated?
I used My VERICOM to prove this stuff. I'm waiting for a new M1 intake to come
out. I know of a shop that will modify a current M1 (its a carb version)
single plane for use with MPI. This is Pricey but I was informed, with the
right combinations, it will nearly outperform the superchargers. That is
somthing to think about. I know I have been. Because of my Electronics
background, I will soon try playing with various sensor inputs and see if I
can screw things up.
It would't be the first time. Some of my toys worked on the Mopar 2.2 TURBO II's

Stan
dmagnum@mail.netside.com