RE: Your Idea's

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Sun Jul 27 1997 - 21:30:15 EDT

At 06:55 PM 7/27/97 -0600, you wrote:
>I meant to ask you Sean, what you thought of the Pioneer CD receiver you
>installed. It's the 1.5 DIN model, not just standard DIN size isn't it?
> I'm currently looking at the Pioneer DEH 59H CD-Receiver, and was
>wondering what you thought of them. I've always kind of looked at Pioneer
>as pseudo-low-end audio equipment, so opinions can weigh heavily in my mind
>on this stuff. It's had some good reviews (mags), but I'm looking for
>personal opinions. Good, Bad or Ugly?
>

>Pat Buthmann

Nope, mine is the standard DIN. DEH-435. 35 x 4 with pull-off face. Got
the receiver and wiring adapters at (get this) Sears while I was there for
Dremel tool stuff. 8^)

Works great and the adapter doesn't look half bad. Would probably look
nicer if it wasn't grained and was smooth like the rest of the dash....but
that can be remedied.

I thought about the 1.5 DIN but am still undecided as to whether or not I
want an eq and if I decide to I can change the adapter plate to shift the
receiver up or down and plop the eq in the dash.

I agree on the pseudo-low-end but have never had any problems with my
Pioneer stuff. Use 'em for home stereo too. Bose speakers but Pioneer
components. Put a DEH-435 (last years model) in my wife's Blazer and it
worked out fantastic. Pumping thru 4-ohm speakers it really cranks. I
don't have quite the volume in my cab yet as I'm still using the stock
Dodge 8-ohm speakers, but only for the time being.

I'd say what your lookin' at would be a good choice.
*******************************97 Dakota Sport*******************************
  sean meldrum

                  Work: sean_p_meldrum@auto.ittind.com

Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/7875/

 Black, 318, 5spd, 3.55SG, reg. cab, 2wd, buckets
All exterior vinyl graphics removed
"Fresh air by Meldrum"
"Pilone Throttle Body"
Moroso Blue Max plug wires and Spectre looms
DynoMax Race Magnum Welded. 3" in/out, exiting before axle.
MSD 6A & Blaster 2 coil w/ chrome cover
Pioneer DEH-435 CD Receiver
****