Re: MSD Coil

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Mon Jul 28 1997 - 21:54:55 EDT

At 07:35 PM 7/28/97 -0400, you wrote:
>OK You guys that have the MSD coil on your Daks, how did you hook up the coil
>wire? My coil has a male plug on coil and female plug on wires, MSD Blaster 2
>has female on coil ? Is there a adapter fer this or what ? I don't want to
>replace the end as If I have a problem with the MSD I could hook back to
>stock. Whats the trick ??
>
>Bill

Three options that I see, Bill. One is probably already out as it sounds
like you already have the coil. The Blaster *3* has a n HEI style coil
wire tower and comes with a plug wire boot.

Second option is a full set of plug wires if you're still using stock. You
won't fully see the benefit of the hot ignition without 'em. I
*definitely* felt a difference in how easily the truck accelerated after
installing my Moroso wires. And *that* was still with the stock ignition!

Option three. The quickest and cheapest. MSD p/n 8403. 15" long
universal coil wire has two female boots and an adapter that with one male
end to fit the Blaster 2 tower and the other is an HEI style tip same as
stock coil. Should be about $12. Jeg's or Summit should both have it.
*******************************97 Dakota Sport*******************************
  sean meldrum

                  Work: sean_p_meldrum@auto.ittind.com

Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/7875/

 Black, 318, 5spd, 3.55SG, reg. cab, 2wd, buckets
All exterior vinyl graphics removed
"Fresh air by Meldrum"
"Pilone Throttle Body"
Moroso Blue Max plug wires and Spectre looms
DynoMax Race Magnum Welded. 3" in/out, exiting before axle.
MSD 6A & Blaster 2 coil w/ chrome cover
Pioneer DEH-435 CD Receiver
****