Re: Crower Specs

From: dmagnum@ccs.netside.com
Date: Tue Jul 29 1997 - 10:11:32 EDT

Sean Meldrum wrote:

> At 09:58 PM 7/28/97 -0400, you wrote:

> We recommend a 1.7 rocker and a 307 lobe lift cam on both the int and exh,
> giving you .520"
> lift at the valve and 216 dur @ .050, 282 adv dur. This is single
> pattern design due to the heavy vehicle and low operating rpm power
> range. Cost of the rocker kit is $413, cost of the cam regrind is $98.
> Send existing core to:
>
> Crower Cams
> 3333 Main Street
> Chula Vista, Ca 91911-5899
> Attn: Brian
> --
> Thanks for your interest in Crower,
>
> Crower Tech
> http://www.crower.com

.307 lobe lift X 1.7 Ratio rocker is .5219 GROSS Lift
Brian indicates the the lift is .520 which I assume this spec is close
to GROSS LIFT (simple Math). With out using clay to check Piston to valve
clearances I think this may cause a problem(if this spec is true lift).
Unless this is in fact Gross and not true, you have to subtract cam lifter
adjustment spec times the rocker ratio from the gross lift. Lets say
.5219 - (.015x1.7) = .4964

.4965 would be the TRUE lift And I would believe this figure not to cause
problems such as PTV clearances and spring tolerance (compression) with MP
Springs.

>.015 is just a guess at the cam lifter adjustment spec. Don't confuse Gross lift with True lift. This .015 CLA spec may be a little larger. I'm
trying to get Brian to respond to my E-mail.

Stan
dmagnum@mail.netside.com