Re: 2wd Dak wheel upgrade

From: EDWARD TRAXLER (edtrax@thegrid.net)
Date: Tue Jul 29 1997 - 15:36:23 EDT

> From: xring@hotmail.com
> Subject: 2wd Dak wheel upgrade
> Date: Tuesday, July 29, 1997 9:19 AM

<snip>
> .... Also, have you seen the Dakota handling articles in
> "Mopar Action"? Great, great, but who can afford 17" wheels and tires?
----------
Saw the article ... prob is my truck is a '95. Energy Suspension only lists
the parts for up to a '94 Dak ... will have to cross ref somewhere to find
out what fits, etc. I would like to get a copy of part one of the article
.. where they lowered the truck. As for the wheels .. well, went by Sears
this weekend. They sell the Prime PW-104 in various sizes .. but don't list
the 17x8. Best guess tho, is around $350 ea. for the wheels ... tires ...
$100 ea. ?? .. guess the total at around $1800. Mighty steep. I'm in the
military, headed to Korea in a couple of months ... figure I'll start me a
"Dak Savings Fund". My question concerns .. how do the tires wear etc. I
want a truck that handles, perhaps a 2/3 .. or .. 3/5 drop .. and for me ..
doesn't have alignment problems ... excessive tire wear problems etc.

Edward Traxler
Ft Hunter Ligget, CA

"The author's best friend is the person who shoots him just before he makes
one change too many."
Daniel Keyes