trouble idling on start

From: Michael Meyerhoff (mmeye@umr.edu)
Date: Tue Jul 29 1997 - 16:36:01 EDT

My 92's almost at the 61K mark and today after going to south county to
shop (about 18 min drive, nice weather, wasnt hard on the gas) I come out
of the first place i went; start it up and it dies, repeat, repeat, then i
start it up and keep it at 1200rpm for about 30sec and let off, it died...
do this again but about 45-50 sec it idles fine and i went on my way.

When i leave the next store it did the same thing, i have to gas it to get
it to stay running.

Once i get home i immediately shut it off and start it up again,, died.

I cleaned the PCV like the manual says (60K service). It now almost dies
(drops to 200-300 rpm)then goes to smooth idle when you start it up. Any
suggestions.

-Should replace the EGR (man 60K service), doesn't look gunked up,, how
much should one run??

-My K&N looks dirty I'm probably need to get a kit and clean it -- 18K on it.

-how do i clean the throttle body??

-the throttle position sensor. where is it, what should i look for in a
bad/dirty one??

Any help is greatly apprieciated :)

       // | | \\ Mike Meyerhoff
    {}|| | | ||{} mmeye@umr.edu