Mileage and horse power increases

From: vanderbu@silk.net
Date: Tue Jul 29 1997 - 19:37:34 EDT

I have a 1994 Dakota with V-8,auto,air 2 wheel drive That I bought new in 95.
My goal was to try to increase the milage first, and increase horse power second.
So I first made my single snorkle air cleaner into a dual snorkle air cleaner with the plastic tubing run down under the battery box so it would look as stock as posible. Then I changed the stock computer to the higher horse power replacement Mp computer from the dodge dealer. This would be the quickest way you improve both (as I was advised) needlees to say my power went up as hoped, but lost a little milage (was getting 18.5mpg on regular fuel now getting 18.0 using premium fuel). But paying way more for premium gas compared to regular.
Milage up here in Canada is very important to me as gas for premium runs currently between 2.50 to 3.00 per gallon. My next step was to order the Jacobs magnun Team. Not installed yet due to the fact one (damn !) spark plug sperated in the head and now I have to go to the dealed to have it removed. What I am looking for here is If any of you have any other ideas that will then improve my milage i would be greatfull then I could do the same things to my wifes 1995 Jeep grand cheroky the 4liter 6 cyclinder with air and auto it only gets 15/17mpg average, Needless to say this gas milage is killing me.

         (__) ,---------. NOTE: The preceding message was sent via Jaek and
         (oo) | :\/: _ _ \ Jon's WWW mail cow gateway. That is to say, the
  /-------\/_/ : :: :: : ) person who sent this message could in fact be an
 / | MAIL|| \_ ' '`-'`-'/ anonymous prankster. Even though this message was
* ||"" || \__________/ mailed to you from the cs.fredonia.edu domain, it
   ^^ ^^ could have been generated by anyone in the world.
Please keep this in mind. Thank you! --Jaek (smit2204) and -Jon- (stei0302)