Re: 96 SB Dakota Performance

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Mon Aug 04 1997 - 20:48:20 EDT

<< Anyone out there with the cooling problems try the thermostat mod?
Drilling out the
 poppet valve(if it has one) or drilling a hole in the outer housing. >>

Hey Stan

Are you haveing problems heating up and if so is it from the pulleys ? Are
the pulleys worht the c ash on performance ?

BFG uh, been looking at them myself but want a 8" wheel to put them on and
can't afford both yet.

Went to the drags last WED and saw your buddy again Mike in the Lightnin. I
ended up runnin Larry in the older Dak V6 (at present but 340 getting built
to go in) in the first or second run, Larry is good, I had to spot him 1.7
sec and I had a good light dialed a 15.2 had to run it hard and caught Larry
right at the line and broke out by .002 of a sec. Ran a couple of 13.7's with
the juice, had a lot of fun. Hopr to have the rest of the MSD stuff hooked up
this week but may be a problem with UPS on strike.

Don't know if you ever got the other message I sent but does your wife still
do the vinyl graphics stuff ?

Later
Bill