96 SB Dakota Performance

From: dmagnum@ccs.netside.com
Date: Mon Aug 04 1997 - 12:02:09 EDT

Are we back online?

I though maybe I pissed someone off.

Anyone out there with the cooling problems try the thermostat mod? Drilling out the
poppet valve(if it has one) or drilling a hole in the outer housing.

I did recieve information from Crower on true lift specs on their regrind. It's .504
true lift. Not to far off from my guess(.498) using the cam lifter spec. Thats if you
received my E-mail before the server crashed.

Went out and bought a pair of BFG Drag Radials. Can we say GLUE!!!
VERICOM VC-2000 Verified. Rained out at Darlington...Orangeburg was closed....Must 1/4
mile test for ET and MPH.
0-60's dropped over two tenths as well as 60 foots ON THE STREET NOT THE TRACK!
Best 0-60 yielded 6.44sec
253.44 Peak Horsepower
NO Performance JTEC
NO Performance Ignition or components
NO Headers
Modified Y-Pipe and Cat
Gibson CAT Back
Crower 1.7 Rockers with MP Springs
K&N FIPK
SuperStreet Throttle Body (NO PERFORMANCE GAIN)
Transgo Shift kit (1-2 Max Firm Shift)

This is why I didn't buy all the other performance stuff on the market. Things such as
headers work best on modified heads and bigger cams, not stock with the LARGER y-pipe. I
see no problem running 14.8's at 91 mph. Then I will hook up the MSD 6AL ....Then the
JET Inline module when it's availible. Maybe 14.6's. Then The Crower Cam. Any comments?

Stan
dmagnum@mail.netside.com