Hello again!

From: Andy Callahan (quasideedle@uky.campus.mci.net)
Date: Tue Aug 05 1997 - 03:30:13 EDT

Hey guys,
I've been real busy this summer, so I had to unsubscribe from the list for
awhile. But it's good to be back. I just thought I'd let you guys know
about a few problems I had with my Dak recently.

1. About a month ago, I got in my truck to go meet some friends at a local
restaurant. The truck had not been driven in a week (I was on a cruise to
the Caribbean, Woo-hoo!). Anyway, as I was leaving the restaurant, the
clutch stuck in both 2nd and 3rd gears. The whole clutch pedal and
everything got stuck about halfway up. It really burnt up the cluth bad.
The truck smelled for several miles down the road. I've never been able to
determine what caused it. I had the dealer look at it, but he said he
couldn't find anything wrong. They just greased the transmission linkage.
Any ideas what the problem could be?

2. About 3 weeks ago, I had just taken a CD out of of stock CD/cassette
player (I do have the infinity package) and was attempting to put in another
CD, but the machine wouldn't take it. For some reason the feed motor burnt
out. Anyway, the dealer had to replace the whole unit which took about 2
weeks to get in. Anyway, now it's fixed, but the dealer said they've had
lots of bad luck with this particular receiver. So all you people plannin
on get new Daks should be aware of the Cassette/CD player.

3. About 2 weeks ago, I was headed to the store with the windows down (I
have power windows). When I got there and attempted to put the windows up,
only the driver's side window would return to the up position. I got no
response from the passenger window. I took it to the dealer on Monday.
They determined that the regulator was shorted out. They returned the
window to the up position and ordered me a new regulator. They have since
replaced the regulator and everything seems to be fine.

I just thought you guys would be interested in this stuff. I know some of
you are keeping track of problems people have had with the '97s. Well, here
are some problems. Thanks for the help.

  Andy Callahan University of Kentucky quasideedle@uky.campus.mci.net

  '97, black/mist gray, 4x2, Sport, club cab, 3.55 SG, 5-speed, Tire &
         Handling Package, all the little goodies
  Mods: Firestone Firehawk SS10 275/60/15's, GT Classic steel tonneau
         cover, "Super Sucker" FIPK by Air Meldrum, CC bed mat