RE: What i did this weekend

From: Randy E. Bowman (r.bowman@cvce.com)
Date: Tue Aug 05 1997 - 10:33:28 EDT

On Monday, August 04, 1997 8:49 PM, EDWARD TRAXLER
[SMTP:edtrax@thegrid.net] wrote:
> Yep. I second... third .. and so-forth. Lay it out dude! Tell the rest of
> us dummies .. you know, tell us what you did wrong .. what you did right!
> No use re-inventing the wheel.
>
> Edward Traxler
> Ft Hunter Ligget, CA
>
> "The author's best friend is the person who shoots him just before he
makes
> one change too many."
> Daniel Keyes
>
> ----------
> > From: WillTier@aol.com
> > To: dakota@ait.fredonia.edu
> > Subject: Re: What i did this weekend
> > Date: Monday, August 04, 1997 17:48 PM
> >
> > In a message dated 97-08-04 12:49:34 EDT, you write:
> >
> > << MSD HeliCoil Wires, Echlin Cap and Rotor.
> > Wire were a PITA for the first 2, then learned the better ways to do
> them
> > (for those who are curious, the wire are a universal kit you have to
put

> > the ends on) dielectric grease is good for many things... >>
> >
> > How do the end go on ? Are they a good set up ? I am uneasy with this
> > universal deal and putting the ends on and am just wondering on how
> anyone
> > else has made out.
> >
> > Bill

DONT BREAK OFF A SHOCK BOLT LIKE I DID!!!!!!!
one shop says AFRAME replacement...going to machine shop today

Ignition....no problems, just took time, went like a charm, runs smooth, on
the 6AL had to call support about their diagram, DONT USE THE MAGNETIC
PICKUP WIRE, there instructions are a little out of date. also dont worry
about their saying the tach may not work, it works just fine.

My recommendation is to do all, (Coil, 6AL, Cap, Rotor, and wires all at
the same time!!!

Randy E. Bowman r.bowman@cvce.com
President
Catawba Valley Computer & Electronics, Inc.
http://www.cvce.com