Re: What i did this weekend

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Wed Aug 06 1997 - 19:08:54 EDT

At 05:03 PM 8/6/97 -0400, you wrote:

><< The universals aren't bad Bill. If you installed that nitrous kit you can
> do the wires with yer eyes closed. Just takes a couple to get the hang of
> it. Have some dielectric grease or lubricant handy to make it easier to
> slip the boots over the terminals. >>
>
>Is there a tool to put the ends on that don't come on and is it included or
>what is the procedure for putting the ends and boots on and is it a good
>connection ?
>
>Bill

        There is a tool I believe but I just used a standard set of crimping
pliers. You basically strip about a half inch or so of insulation off,
bend the core back over the insulation, place the terminal over the core
wire, and crimp. Slop on some dielectric grease or lubricant and (while
holding the base of the terminal) slide the boot over. A little twist and
wiggle as you slide it on and it'll go pretty smooth.

Don't forget wire separators. Even if it's the old zip tie quickies. You
want to guarantee there'll be no crossfire.