Re: Desperately seeking Thorley (was Darlington Test & Tune)

From: Sam Parthemer (samp@cts.com)
Date: Thu Aug 07 1997 - 19:09:43 EDT

----------
> From: Michael Clark <mclark@wt.net>
> To: dakota@ait.fredonia.edu
> Subject: Desperately seeking Thorley (was Darlington Test & Tune)
> Date: Thursday, August 07, 1997 02:52 PM
>

> Well, I wish I could back you up there sam but UPS has mine. Went by
> the local office today (drove through the picket line) and they said the
> headers were still in Lancaster Ca. and I probably would not see them
> until the strike is over. So you can gues how I feel about UPS at the
> moment....
>
> UPS: UPyourS....
>
> But one of these days I'll let everyone know my impressions of DT's....

        Lancaster eh?? That's a mere 2.5 hr drive from my house.....
I could pick them up, then air ship them via a airlines to your area...
What's it worth to you?!? (He He Heh... Supply/demand is great!)

I had 2 runs this morning. One against a guy in a 4.6L Mustang, and
lost. I didn't really try (was hauling supplies to our job site), but
still
stayed with him (I left late, and accelerated to 'warp 10'--100 mph slowly
to not spill the parts I had with me). He couldn't get more than 3 car
lengths
ahead of me, then I gave up... He did have a 100-150' jump on me @ 35 mph
when we started...

The second was a (you dual exhaust folks will love this) 5.2L shortbed ram,
with steel wheels, stock tires/ride height. I heard a loud exhaust, turned
my
head, then saw this guy's truck (basically stock). But it did have 2-4"
diameter
pipes coming straight out the back. There was no room for the spare tire,
so
it was (probably) in the bed of the truck. The exhaust appeared to be a
dual
setup from either a small muffler right after the CAT, or directly off of
the CAT.
2.5", then 4" TIPS!! It looked goofy, and sounded like a V8 trying to be a

pair of 1.8L I-4's... When he pulled up next to me, I rev'd my engine
little, he and
his buddy looked over, then he started to raise his rpms (foot on the
brake)...
Green light (I was empty, full tank o-gas), I launched hard in 1st (slight
feather of
clutch), with no-wheel spin (255-60's), chirped 2nd, hit 3rd at a leasurely
3500, then
held 3rd up to 70 mph... He was WAAAY back there. Next light, he rolled
down
his window and had a 100 questions to ask me...

Still messing around with a dual-fresh air setup for my FIPK... I have
mock-up
pictures of what I need. Will post to the page once I get them ironed out
(with
the real thing).

        Sam '95 SLT Dakota
http://www.users.cts.com/king/s/samp/