Finally back

From: James Bird (birdjd@internetmci.com)
Date: Fri Aug 08 1997 - 14:36:29 EDT

I finally got my '97 SLT+ back from the paint (hack) shop. The paint
looked fine, but the inside and outside was absolutely filthy with sanding
dust and general grime. The dealer offered to clean it AGAIN!, but I
choose to take it home and clean it my own way. After a few hours, the
truck is finally looking good again.

My overly thin 2mil paint is now a fair and consistent 4.5 mil paint. This
is nothing to write home about, but is better than most OEM paint jobs
these days. Plus I get a lifetime warrantee. With the exception of some
minor 'orange peel' on the tail gate, and a badly scratched driver side
mirror, it looks good. I'll be asking for a new mirror. They were kind
enough not to replace my vinyl labels with the exception of the 'SLT' which
they placed behind the CC window as I requested (like the RAM).

Now it's time to take some of that money they gave me for my problems and
buy some parts!

I have the DT headers in UPS stored in some truck, the Gibson in my garage
waiting for the headers for one large install. The Jacob's wires on order,
The tinted windows scheduled next week. And I would consider the blower if
my wife didn't threaten to drop it on my head when I was sleeping.

James Bird BirdJD@InternetMCI.com
'97 Dakota CC, V8, 5sp, 4x4, 3.55 gears, loaded
Rhino Coat, K&N, 500w of serious sound