Re: overhead console

From: Steve Lowe (Slow@Primenet.Com)
Date: Sat Aug 09 1997 - 14:48:47 EDT

On Sat, 9 Aug 1997 20:15:46 +0000, you wrote:

>what is included with the overhead console on the new dakotas?. Is
>there a fuel readout until empty, is it accurate and does anybody
>wish they would not have ordered it?.

I like mine. It is just really a toy though....

>I don't want to waste money in
>the wrong places. What about the stereo, I have an alpine cd
>controller 4x25, should I install this in a new truck or go with an
>original system. I thought I saw an option for 8 speakers in 6
>location amplified by 100 watts?
>Can somebody clarify this for me?

I believe the rear speakers are two-ways. This is really bending of
the truth. The fronts are separtes, with a tweeter and the midrange in
each door. The rears seem to lack clarity, and I will be replacing
them.

        Steve

97' Dakota, CC, 4X4, 5 Speed, all the goodies 'cept anti-lock brakes,
Mud Flaps, spare-tire lock, Step-Shields, EVSII Alarm, Radar Sensor,
Gibson Single 3" Cat-Back