Re: speakers

From: Michael Clark (mclark@wt.net)
Date: Mon Aug 11 1997 - 02:04:35 EDT

James Bird wrote:

> I'm a fan of separating the frequencies. So my vote is for tubes and 5
> 1/4"s. The boxes would work fine as well, but then you are talking 8" (or
> 10") speakers firing into the back of the seat. Good base, but the cheap
> horn tweeters firing up would drive me nuts.

Sean, I agree with James. I've had some 2 way boxes in my chevy and
after that I *swore* I would never again have anything to do with the
horn tweeters. They can be painful sometimes, I mean that
literally.... Like having a PA system blaring at ya, real nasty
sounding.... There might be some better ones out there but I'm finished
with the horns. My Kappa's have nice dome tweeters made from parachute
silk, Ahhhh so smooth and pleasing.......

--
Michael Clark            mike@snakebite.com
     '93 Mark III 4X2 V-8 SWB RC auto