RE: speakers

From: James Bird (BirdJD@internetmci.com)
Date: Sun Aug 10 1997 - 23:30:18 EDT

I'm a fan of separating the frequencies. So my vote is for tubes and 5
1/4"s. The boxes would work fine as well, but then you are talking 8" (or
10") speakers firing into the back of the seat. Good base, but the cheap
horn tweeters firing up would drive me nuts. I personally would put the 5
1/4"s in and get a sub tube or more simple wedge shaped sub boxes. Radio
Shack has boxes that are wedge shaped for about $35. With some caulk,
fiber fill, and a good pair of woofers ( 8"), you can make some nice boxes.
 The difference is they do not have the hole drilled for the horn tweeter.
 This will offer a larger selection of sub drivers.

I like the MTX Thunder 5000, and MTX Black Golds, but there are plenty of
good drivers that are about $150 for the pair.

James Bird BirdJD@InternetMCI.com
'97 Dakota CC, V8, 4x4, 5sp, loaded, No labels
K&N, 500w of serious sound