Pioneer Head Units was: speakers

From: Ned Vogler (NVOGLER@rghosp.chime.org)
Date: Mon Aug 11 1997 - 13:08:00 EDT

Pat sez:

> What do you have for a head unit in your truck? I'm still looking at
the >Pioneer Premier DEH 59DH (1.5 DIN, >4x 35, CD) as it's about the
only 1.5 DIN deck >I've been able to find. Some people on the DML have
had trouble with >Pioneer, so >I'm concerned about that.

Hi Pat!

I've got the Pioneer DEH-65DH (Premier) head unit in my Dak (also 1.5
DIN, 35Wx4, CD, etc) and it's been in the truck for about a year and a
half with ZERO problems! I had a Clarion 6-disc changer in my previous
truck, and had some problems with skipping, not playing certain discs,
etc. but the Pioneer has been great!! It was a little pricey even at
dealer cost, but I've been more than pleased with its performance. I
also upgraded all the factory speakers, put Pioneer 5x7's (TS-A5705) in
the rear, and Pioneer Premier 6 1/2" (TS-626?) in the fronts. I also
added a Bazooka 8" 80W powered sub behind the drivers' seat (the head
unit has wonderful built-in subwoofer controls). The overall sound
difference from the stock system is tremendous. I was going more for
"quality" sound rather than "quantity" and I think I did fairly well, for
spending just under $1000.00. Anyway, my post was just to let you know
that I'm not at all unhappy with the quality of the Pioneer products,
they've been completely reliable so far.

Ciao!

Ned Vogler
(nvogler@rghosp.chime.org)
'96 Dakota SLT V8 5-sp 4x4 Club Cab
Gibson 3" Catback Exhaust/MPI FIPK-clone/Magnecor KV85 wires
Brass Cap & Rotor/Autolite Platinums/Blaster 3 Coil
MSD 6AL Ignition & MPI Super Street TBI w/Power Bridge
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/9636/