Aftermarket parts for the '97, Attn: Jack Snodgrass

From: DRD892@aol.com
Date: Mon Aug 11 1997 - 10:30:12 EDT

Morning Jack,

Going to try to answer your questions. Why new shocks on a '97? Yes, the
Dakota has the Tire and Handling Package. I sold the Goodyears that came
with the package at 30 miles. Put on Cooper Cobras 255R70/15's. The
problem has been keeping the rear of the truck planted on the pavement
on rough freeway ramps. Also the right front shock has always seemed
weak to me. Ride has been OK for me. My last vehicle was a Neon
Sport Sedan with modified suspension and 195R60/14 Coopers. The
Dakota rides soft in comparison.
What I expect out of the ignition changes is a smooth runing engine
for a long, long time. Coupled with the FIPK and the 2-chamber
Flowmaster, I expect good power and reasonable mileage. I am
already getting 16.1 to 16.8 MPG. I don't race this truck. It travels
80 miles per day to work, frequent trips to North Chicago, southeast
Oklahoma and Texas. Don't do any off roading. Looking for longevity.
The stock ignition seems to fire OK. If it gives me trouble, i'll replace
it.

Hope this gives you the info you wanted.

See Ya,
David R.
Sterling Heights
Michigan