Re: speakers

From: Bob Carmack (rob@notnow.com)
Date: Mon Aug 11 1997 - 23:49:36 EDT

> Gonna call Crutchfield to get the speaker adapters. Already found wiring
>and mounting (receiver) adapter locally. Are the speaker adapters worth
>the money if I never plan to put the stock pieces back?
>
> Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/7875/
>
> Black, 318, 5spd, 3.55SG, reg. cab, 2wd, buckets,
>No graphics, GTS HLC, FABM, PTB, Blue Max wires, MSD 6A
>Blaster 2, DynoMax Race Magnum, Pioneer DEH-435

When I ordered the Kappa's from Crutchfield their computer said that the
adapters were needed, but I guess I won't really know till I get the panels
off and get a look see myself. They are just plastic rings with tabs on
the outer edge for mounting, but they were free with the speaker order.
They also included instructions and diagrams on how to remove the panels on
the door and rear for both club/reg cab. Pretty groovy. Either way don't
think they cost more than 10 or 15 bucks a pair maybe cheaper. Tell them
what you want and they got it. Let me know if you get yours in soon and how
the install went.

Rob Carmack
rob@notnow
Deep Amethyst, '98 Dakota Sport, CC, 4x2, 5.3L 318, 5spd, 3.55 SG
Deliv. Early Sept.