Re: 8" Wheels

From: Andre Mauboussin (andrem@cyberramp.net)
Date: Mon Aug 11 1997 - 23:41:26 EDT

WillTier@aol.com wrote:

> Andre
>
> Thanks for the info. Also was that you whom was telling about a
> article in a
> Mopar mag about modifying the intake manifold for betteer performance
> ? If it
> was what was the mag and what issue. Any info on the mod would be
> appreciated. I just caught a little bit about it through the jules
> ordeal. I
> would be interested in reading the article but have not been able to
> find it.
>
> Thanks
> Bill

You're welcome. The article is in the July 97 article of Mopar Muscle
magazine. I'm sorry I don't have a scanner to get it to you and other
listmembers. The company that does the mods in the article is RC
Performance Engineering (313) 449-0923. Sean says they want $475.00 to
do the mods(I am not exactly sure what you get for that). As far as
milling the runners down in the plenum area; I checked with a local
racing engine builder and he said it would cost about $100. I suspect
that welding plates inside the plenum area to reduce volume would add
quite a bit to the cost. Another alternative they mention is to have the
Magnum M1 manifold's bosses drilled out for the injectors and using that
instead of the stock piece. I want to do the cam swap, some headwork and
possibly intake mods this winter, but I'm still gathering cash, parts
and info.Take care.

Andre