Re: Tires & Rims

From: ANN and DAN PORTER (dada@gc.net)
Date: Wed Aug 13 1997 - 21:26:26 EDT

Tad wrote:

> Thanks Jason for your reply.
> I guess my next question is how wide of a tire can I put on my 4x4,
> without installing a lift kit? I want my truck to have a real agressive
> stance to it. Do you think 31x10.5x15 is the biggest?
>
> Tad
> 94 Dakota CC 4x4, 72 Charger, 65 Valiant
> Tri-State Mopar Club

I have a 93 cc 4x4, 3.9, 5 speed, I just installed 31 x 10.50's on the
stock alum rims, and I have no rub at all. The tires are all terrain
"Ridge Runners" made by Lee. I did notice a little power loss, but I
still got better than 18 mpg on my last tank, about 100 road miles and
about 130 mile of stop and go.

Dan Porter
dada@gc.net