RE: Tires & Rims

From: Walter Felix (Walter_Felix@msn.com)
Date: Wed Aug 13 1997 - 20:04:51 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: Tad
Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 1997 11:43 PM
To: dakota@ait.fredonia.edu
Subject: Re: Tires & Rims

Thanks Jason for your reply.
I guess my next question is how wide of a tire can I put on my 4x4,
without installing a lift kit? I want my truck to have a real agressive
stance to it. Do you think 31x10.5x15 is the biggest?

Tad
94 Dakota CC 4x4, 72 Charger, 65 Valiant
Tri-State Mopar Club

I have an 88 with 31x10.50x15 with a 3 inch body lift and I rub slightly.
Mostly due to the AR Type 26 Rims I have. They have a negative offset so they
stick out further than the stock rims. With a negative offset, the tires will
swing on the knuckle rather than pivot thus causing them to rub a little. With
the stock rims you should be able to go at least a 29" or 30" tire before you
start to have trouble.

Walter_Felix@MSN.COM