Are them headers coated, sonnny?

From: Scott Vieth (svieth@ameritech.net)
Date: Sat Aug 16 1997 - 05:17:51 EDT

Hi:

With everyone on the list ordering headers for their Dak, I thought I would ask
if any of these headers are coated when new to reduce heat? If not, have you
guys thought of sending them off to Jet Hot (or somewhere similar) to have them
coated?

If you put uncoated headers in your engine compartment, be prepared to get
*lots* of heat under your hood.

[I *know* that the next set of headers that goes on my Camaro will be coated
before I put install them. It's just too hot under the hot. Poor starter gets
baked.]

Just thought I'd ask... :^)

=Scott Vieth
'68 Camaro RS, 327/PG
'97 Dakota Sport 4x4 Club Cab, Magnum V8/5-spd, Gibson cat-back, FIPK-clone