Re: Are them headers coated, sonnny?

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Sat Aug 16 1997 - 14:24:50 EDT

At 09:17 AM 8/16/97 +0000, you wrote:

>[I *know* that the next set of headers that goes on my Camaro will be coated
>before I put install them. It's just too hot under the hot. Poor starter
gets
>baked.]
>
>Just thought I'd ask... :^)
>
>=Scott Vieth
>'68 Camaro RS, 327/PG
>'97 Dakota Sport 4x4 Club Cab, Magnum V8/5-spd, Gibson cat-back, FIPK-clone

        Hey Scott! One option for the starter solenoid are the slip on heat
shields. They work very well. Had to install one on my Chevelle after I
put in full length headers. Used header wrap too but that stuff rots 'em
out to quick.

The best option would be a remote mounted solenoid. Just get that thing
away from the heat all together.

The Mopar units are industrial chrome plated.