Re: Thorley's are done...

From: Sean Meldrum (spm@c3net.net)
Date: Sat Aug 16 1997 - 14:32:38 EDT

At 10:07 AM 8/16/97 -0700, you wrote:
>I see allot of you use Doug Thorley Headers for your Dakota's are they any
>better than any other brands? Are they the same ones you get through the
>dealer? Are they just the best priced ones?
>Are all headers created equal?
>Glenn.

        The Doug Thorley's are a Tri-Y design. 2 pairs of primarys are run into 2
collectors, and then those two collected pairs are joined into the final
collector. Good torque producing design. Not necessarily the best for
flat out racing but I don't see anyone offering full length headers for
Daks. The closer you get to a full length header with the primary pipe's
size optimized for your particular combination, the more power you'll make.

They're not necessarily better or worse. Just depends on what you're
looking for. Mopar headers *were* made by Thorley. Not sure who does 'em
now. Not bad price considering you get a better Y-pipe with them.
Shorties would require use of the dinky stock Y-pipe or a custom bent unit.

All headers are *not* created equal....8^)